If you are serving a smaller crowd this year and and are a fan of white meat, the double turkey breast (2 boneless skin-on breasts, attached) is right for you. No more worrying about trying to cook the dark meat long enough while not drying out the white meat! Our turkey breasts are locally raised in the in British Columbia’s fertile Fraser Valley at Rossdown Farms.
- 1 Rossdown Farms Double Turkey Breast
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
Homemade Cranberry Sauce
- 1 Orange, zested and juiced, seperated
- 350g Frozen Cranberries
- 175g Sugar
- 150ml Red Wine
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/8 Cardamom, ground (optional)
- Thaw the turkey breasts overnight in the fridge.
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Once thawed, remove from the package and drain. Rinse and pat dry with paper towels.
- Keep the breasts attached and transfer to a roasting pan, and lightly oil the surface of the turkey.
- Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Place the roasting pan in the oven and set a timer for 15 minutes.
- When the timer goes off, reduce the heat to 325 F and continue to roast until the internal temperature of the turkey breast, in the thickest part, reaches 155F.
- Remove the turkey from the oven, tent with foil, and allow to rest and carry over to 165 F.
- Slice and serve with the gravy, cranberry sauce and your favourite accompaniments.
Homemade Cranberry Sauce Preparation
- Zest the orange rind, squeeze the juice. Set the zest aside.
- Place cranberries, sugar, wine, orange juices and spices in a pan.
- Bring to the boil. Simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 30min.
- Remove and reserve half the cranberries.
- Blend the remainder of the sauce until smooth. Mix with the reserved cranberries and orange zest.
- Cool, cover and chill. Serve cold.