Honey Mussel Recipe
Located on a small local island called Lasqueti, Island their is a pristine lagoon where a husband a wife duo raise a a delicious treat called Honey Mussels.
This family owned and operated business follows a guilt free model when raising this exclusive shellfish. Highly nutritional these mussels are high in protein, with omega 3 fatty acids, iron, B12, and Zinc. Low in fat and calories and strong in flavor with a sweet yet smoky taste.
To enhance the fully body flavor, try this amazing recipe created by the owners.
Thai Steamed Honey Mussels
5 pounds fresh Honey Mussels
1/3 cup fresh lime juice
1 (13.5 ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk
1/3 cup dry white wine
1 1/2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
1 tablespoon fish sauce
2 cups chopped fresh cilantro
- In a large stock pot combine the lime juice, coconut milk, wine, curry paste, garlic, and fish sauce.
- Add in curry paste and stir to dissolve.
- Bring to a boil over high heat for 2 minutes, and then add Honey Mussels (scrubbed with beard removed).
- Cover and cook stirring occasionally until Honey Mussels are open, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and pour mussels* with liquid into a serving dish.
- Toss dish with cilantro.