Yield: entire kit makes 8 servings
- 1 x D.I.Y. PACIFIC CHOWDER KIT
- 0.5 pounds x Wild Ling Cod Portions
- 2 pounds x Wild Rockfish Fillets Skinless
- 8 pounds x Creamy Chowder Base
- 1 Litre x water or seafood stock
- A handful fresh dill and chives, finely chopped
- Optional: bread bowls, croutons, crispy bacon, or any other seafood you have in your freezer cut into bite size pieces.
- Cut open the vacuum sealed packages and fully defrost each component of the kit in the fridge one day in advance.
- Empty defrosted chowder base into a large pot and heat over medium for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent burning on the pot of the pan.
- Meanwhile, cut the ling cod and rockfish fillets into cubes.
- Add the seafood to the chowder base and cook until opaque and internal temperature has reached 165°F (75°C), about 5 minutes.
- If your chowder is really thick at this point, gradually add the water or seafood stock you have set aside, up to 1 litre. Taste test for additional seasonings and simmer for an additional 5-10 minutes.
- Serve your chowder with fresh herbs and dig in!
Optional bread bowl & croutons:
- Cut down the middle of the bread bowl ¾ down. Pull apart and hollow out the bread.
- For the bread bowl, warm up in a 325 degree oven for 5 minutes. Set aside until you are ready to pour the chowder into the bowl.
- With the bread that has been removed, pull them into little pieces. Toss in olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake in a 325 degree oven until gold and crispy
- Pour chowder into bread bowl and top your chowder with the crispy croutons.