HOW TO: Make Your Own Salmon Gravlax At Home
SALMON ‘GRAVLAX’ with pickled beets, sour cream, cucumber, dill
- 4 each sockeye salmon portion 6 oz, defrosted
- 16 oz whole pickled beets
- 8 oz sour cream
- 2 oz fresh dill
- 1 oz olive oil
- 1 each cucumber
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp salt
- Open the seal on the vacuum sealed package and defrost the salmon slowly in the fridge.
- Once defrosted, peel away the skin from the salmon portion.
- Mix the quick cure in a small bowl
- Generously season salmon with the quick cure on both sides
- Wrap salmon in saran wrap tightly and refrigerate for a minimum of an hour to overnight
- Rinse off cure with cold water. Pat dry before slicing.
- Garnish plate with beets, sour cream, sliced cucumbers, fresh dill and olive oil