Imagine one grilled and tender Certified Angus Beef ® brand porterhouse steak—one meal for the whole family. Sounds delicious, right?
- 1 (30-40-ounce) Certified Angus Beef® porterhouse
- 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic (2-3 cloves)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 2 large sprigs rosemary
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon high-quality sea salt (like Maldon)
- Zest and juice lemon, reserving zest for later. Combine the lemon juice, garlic, kosher salt and pepper. Coat porterhouse steak evenly, place in a large zipper-locking plastic bag with rosemary, pressing out all air or wrap tightly in plastic wrap; refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat grill to warm (250°F).
- Wrap porterhouse in foil, place in grill away from direct heat and cook slowly for 60-90 minutes, flipping once (internal temperature target should be 100F). Remove steak from grill and increase grill heat to high (450°F-500°F). Allow steak to rest 15 minutes in foil while grill is heating to higher temperature.
- Remove steak from foil, pat dry, brush with olive oil and sear 2-3 minutes per side for medium rare (125°F-130°F). Transfer to a clean cutting board. Combine reserved lemon zest and sea salt.
- Carve steak by running knife along the bone to remove both the strip and tenderloin. Slice each steak in 1/4 to 1/2-inch thick slices and serve on platter, garnished with lemon sea salt.