HOW TO: Serve A Grilled Porterhouse Steak Family-Style
Imagine one grilled and tender Certified Angus Beef ® brand porterhouse steak—one meal for the whole family. Sounds delicious, right?
This special meal for the steak lovers for your family is so easy when you follow this simple recipe, featuring a classic, homemade marinade. Lemon and rosemary add deep flavour to this hearty steak. Learn how to grill a thick porterhouse steak to perfection with this easy, step-by-step recipe.
- 1 (30-40-ounce) Certified Angus Beef® porterhouse
- 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic (2-3 cloves)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 2 large sprigs rosemary
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon high-quality sea salt (like Maldon)
- Zest and juice lemon, reserving zest for later. Combine the lemon juice, garlic, kosher salt and pepper. Coat porterhouse steak evenly, place in a large zipper-locking plastic bag with rosemary, pressing out all air or wrap tightly in plastic wrap; refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat grill to warm (250°F).
- Wrap porterhouse in foil, place in grill away from direct heat and cook slowly for 60-90 minutes, flipping once (internal temperature target should be 100F). Remove steak from grill and increase grill heat to high (450°F-500°F). Allow steak to rest 15 minutes in foil while grill is heating to higher temperature.
- Remove steak from foil, pat dry, brush with olive oil and sear 2-3 minutes per side for medium rare (125°F-130°F). Transfer to a clean cutting board. Combine reserved lemon zest and sea salt.
- Carve steak by running knife along the bone to remove both the strip and tenderloin. Slice each steak in 1/4 to 1/2-inch thick slices and serve on platter, garnished with lemon sea salt.
More from: certified steakholder steak Valentine's Day
Leave a comment