Celebrate summer with this easy Fresh Herb Burgers with Avocado Salsa recipe. Enjoy a flavorful and healthy bunless burger served on sliced tomatoes.
- 8 Certified Angus Beef ® chuck patties
- 1 large head of iceberg lettuce
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil, divided
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh oregano, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 vine ripe tomatoes, seeded and finely diced
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (1 tablespoon)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Carefully remove and thoroughly wash leaves from head of iceberg lettuce. This will act as your bun.
- In a mixing bowl, combine tomato, avocado, onion, garlic, vinegar and olive oil. Stir in red pepper flakes, remaining herb trio (basil, parsley and oregano) and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Set aside.
- Grill patties over medium-high heat to desired doneness (160°F internal temperature recommended).
- Top burgers generously with avocado salsa.