A delectable European twist to an American classic, German Burger with Slaw and Swiss on Pretzel Bun is loaded with colorful flavor. An easy Oktoberfest recipe for burger lovers.
- 8 Certified Angus Beef ® chuck patties
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle juice
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/4 head red cabbage, shaved thin (approx. 2 cups packed)
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf Italian parsley
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons brown or stadium mustard
- 8 pretzel buns
- 8 cornichons and 6 four-inch wooden skewers (optional)
- Mix together mayonnaise, pickle juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Mix in red cabbage, carrot and parsley; set slaw aside.
- Preheat grill. Grill to desired doneness (CFIA recommends internal temperature of 160° F.) Top each with Swiss cheese, move to cooler side of grill and close lid to melt cheese.
- To assemble, spread mustard on each bun bottom, top with slaw, cheeseburger and bun lid. Stab with a skewered cornichon and serve.