RECIPE: Classic Pan-Seared Certified Angus Beef® Ribeye Steak
Talk about "upper crust" cooking -- this classic pan-seared ribeye steak recipe results in a juicy, tender steak with a super flavorful crust. You don't need a grill to get a great sear on your favorite steak. Grab your cast iron skillet and create a mouthwatering steak that will have your taste buds tingling. Here's how!
- 1 (10-ounce) Certified Angus Beef ® ribeye steak
- LE CREUSET cast iron signature skillet
- 1 teaspoon peanut or canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 3-4 thyme sprigs
- 2 garlic cloves, partially crushed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Note: This technique creates a great mouth-watering charred steak using a very hot skillet while emitting a great deal of smoke. Be prepared with pot holders and proper ventilation.
- Place skillet in oven and preheat oven to 450°F. Brush both sides of steak with oil and season with salt and pepper. When oven is heated, carefully remove pan and place on stovetop over medium heat.
- Place ribeye steak in skillet and sear for 2 minutes. Flip, top with garlic and thyme and place skillet back in oven for 4-5 minutes.
- Put skillet back on stovetop over low heat. Flip steak, top with butter and carefully tilt pan while scooping melted butter, garlic and thyme to continually coat steak for 1-3 minutes. Confirm doneness with an instant read thermometer and pull from skillet at 120-125°F for medium rare. Let rest five minutes and coat with browned butter before serving.
- Note: This technique creates a great mouth-watering charred ribeye steak using a very hot skillet while emitting a great deal of smoke. Be prepared with pot holders and proper ventilation.
Original recipe can be found on: https://www.certifiedangusbeef.com/recipes/recipedetail.aspx?id=628