Maple Mustard Glazed Holiday Ham
The old-fashioned holiday ham from Freybe is already a great tasting ham, but this maple mustard glaze and scoring of the fat really takes it to the next level. Please note this ham is already fully cooked, so there are no worries about making sure it is up to a certain internal temperature! How easy is that?
Maple Mustard Glaze
- 150 ml Maple Syrup
- 2 Tbsp Grainy Mustard
- 2Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- Pinch of 5 Spice Power (Optional, but makes all the difference)
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and whisk well to combine.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Thaw the ham in its package overnight in the fridge.
- Once thawed, remove from the package.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Score the fat cap with a paring knife in a cross hatch pattern. The fat cap can also be trimmed down first, if desired.
- Place the ham in a dish you like to use for roasting, and add ½ cup of water. Cover with a lid or aluminum foil, and bake for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove foil, add the glaze all over the surface of the ham, and increase the heat to 425°F.
- Place back in the oven uncovered, and bake until golden and caramelized. Baste with the pan drippings as needed. Approx 10 minutes. Check the internal temperature to ensure 165°F.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest before slicing.
- You drizzle the pan drippings over the ham for extra flavour. Once plated, Garnish the with your favourite garnishes.
More from: Holiday Feast Holiday Ham Recipe
Leave a comment