APPLEWOOD SMOKED RUB cedar plank, apple fennel slaw, blueberry
- 4 x steelhead, spring or sockeye salmon portion 5-6 oz
- 2 oz applewood smoked bbq seasoning
- 1 each fennel bulb
- 2 each granny smith apples, peeled and cored
- 4 oz blueberries
APPLE CIDER VINAIGRETTE
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp honey
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground pepper
- Open the seal on the vacuum sealed package and defrost the seafood slowly in the fridge.
- Season seafood with applewood smoked rub on both sides. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Combine all ingredients of the apple cider vinaigrette in a blender OR whisk in a bowl until it emulsifies.
- Cut the fennel bulb in half and cut into wedges.
- Peel and cut the granny smith apple in half and into wedges.
- Toss both in olive oil and season with salt and pepper
- Place salmon on a baking tray alongside the fennel and apple mixture and bake in a preheated oven at 375 degrees for 5 - 7 minutes. Remove from the oven and let rest for an additional 5 minutes before serving.
- Remaining half of the fennel and peeled granny smith apple, slice thinly and toss in the apple cider vinaigrette.
- To plate, use a cedar plank if you have one. Place roasted fennel and apple hash on one side, the fennel apple slaw on the other and top with the finished salmon.
- Garnish with more apple cider vinaigrette and fresh blueberries