RECIPE 3-Ingredient Crab Meat With Thai Red Curry
CRAB CAKE with red Thai curry sauce, mango, and crispy leeks.
- 1 lb Fresh Crab Claw Meat, drained and squeezed
- 4 oz mayonnaise
- 4 oz panko crumb
- 2 tbsp canola or vegetable oil
- 1 each red Thai curry paste, prepackaged
- 1 eac coconut milk, can
- 8 oz leeks, green part sliced
- 1 each mango, peeled and diced
- 4 oz sweet chili sauce
- Preheat 350 degrees.
- Combine crab meat, mayonnaise, panko and season with salt and pepper.
- Portion and form into 8-10 balls. On a baking tray, press down on cakes to form a puck.
- Heat a saute pan over medium-high, put oil into the pan and sear crab cakes for 3 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Remove cakes from oil and place on baking sheet. Finish in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Combine red thai curry paste and coconut milk until smooth in a pot. Heat the sauce up on medium heat.
- Slice leeks and toss in oil and season with salt and pepper. Spread leeks on baking tray and bake at 325 degrees for 5-10 minutes until the leeks become crispy.
- Peel and dice mango. Toss in sweet chili sauce.
- To plate, add a 1/4 cup of thai curry to coat bottom of a shallow serving bowl. Place cake in bowl in next and then nestle mango on top, then the crsipy leeks.