BUTTERY BUFFALO CHICKEN WINGS WITH BLUE CHEESE DIP
- 1 bag (2 kg / 4.4 lb) of Fully Cooked Chicken Wings
Buttery Buffalo Sauce:
- 4 tbsp (60g) unsalted butter, cold
- ½ cup (125ml) hot sauce, cayenne-vinegar based
- 1 tbsp honey
Blue Cheese Dipping Sauce:
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sour cream
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) milk, 2%
- 2 tbsp (30ml) lemon juice
- Salt & pepper, to taste
Buttery Buffalo Sauce: In a sauce pan over medium heat combine hot sauce and honey, bring to a simmer. Slowly whisk in 1 tbsp of cold butter until fully melted and incorporated. Set aside, keep warm or reheat prior to using.
Blue Cheese Dipping Sauce: In a bowl whisk together blue cheese and sour cream until preferred consistency is achieved. Blend in the rest of the ingredients, season with salt and pepper and set aside.
Assembly: Prepare Fully Cooked Chicken Wings according to package directions. Add prepared wings to Buttery Buffalo sauce immediately and toss. Serve with blue cheese dipping sauce, celery and carrots.