RECIPE: Certified Angus Beef®Korean Fried Steak Bites
Crispy on the outside and tender on the inside, these steak bites are served with honey gochujang sauce. Make this easy Korean Fried Beef Bites recipe for a delectable appetizer or entrée.
- 2 packages (1.5 pounds) of CERTIFIED ANGUS BEEF® DICED SIRLOIN STEAK BITES, thawed
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons Shaoxing rice wine (or dry sherry)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons gochujang
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Canola, peanut or vegetable oil for frying
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds (optional garnish)
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced (optional garnish)
- Combine 1/4-cup soy sauce, egg whites and Shaoxing wine in a mixing bowl; whisk thoroughly. Mix marinade and steak bites and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- In a small mixing bowl, make a sauce by whisking together remaining 2-tablespoons soy sauce, honey, rice wine vinegar, gochujang and sesame oil. Set aside.
- Preheat deep fryer or Dutch oven with oil to 375°F. In a shallow pan combine flour and corn starch and add marinated beef. Stir beef in breading until well coated and dry to the touch.
- Dust off excess breading and fry in batches; 4-5 minutes until crisp and golden brown. Remove from fryer and allow to drain briefly of any excess oil. While still hot, toss in honey gochujang sauce; garnish and serve.