Impress your guests with this elegant steak recipe. Tender and juicy grilled filet mignon steaks are topped with lump crab and an easy blender hollandaise sauce.
- 4—6 oz. Certified Angus Beef® Filet Mignon
- 4 oz. Merus Red King Crab Leg Sections, strained of excess water
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallots
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 sticks (8-ounces) unsalted butter
- Optional garnish: minced fresh chives
- In a small mixing bowl, combine crab meat, lemon zest, shallot, 1/4 teaspoon salt and white pepper. Refrigerate.
- Make hollandaise sauce. In a blender combine egg yolk, lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt and cayenne. Pulse blender for 5 seconds to combine all ingredients.
- Heat butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat until melted butter reaches 185°F. With the blender on low speed, drizzle the melted butter into the blender through the hole on the top of the lid. Hollandaise should be thick and pale yellow. Keep warm while cooking steaks.
- Remove crab mixture from refrigerator and preheat grill. Season filet mignon steaks with additional salt and white pepper and grill to desired doneness (125° - 130°F for medium rare). Allow to rest 5-10 minutes before topping with crab meat and warm hollandaise.