RECIPE: Herb Crusted Cod
HERB CRUSTED COD with tomato olive ragout
- 4 each Ling cod, Pacific cod, Atlantic cod or Sablefish portion
- 2 oz panko bread crumbs
- 2 oz fresh dill, torn
- 2 oz fresh chive, sliced
- 4 oz Kalamata olives, pitted
- 8 oz gem tomato, split in half
- 2 each lemon, zest and juice
- 4 oz sun-dried tomato pesto
- 2 oz olive oil
- Open the seal on the vacuum sealed package and defrost the seafood slowly in the fridge.
- Rub olive oil all over cod and season with salt and pepper. Top one side of the cod with panko.
- In a preheated oven at 350 degrees, bake cod for 8-10 minutes on a baking sheet.
- For the ragout, combine tomatoes, olives and toss in sun-dried tomato pesto and zest and juice of lemon.
- Warm up the ragout in the oven for 3-4 minutes on the same baking sheet while the cod is resting.
- Place the ragout on the bottom of the plate and top with cod.
- Garnish with fresh herbs and olive oil.
More from: Cod ocean wise ocean wise champion
Leave a comment