A simple, Italian inspired Chili. Its a one-pot meal at it’s finest. Buon Appetitio!
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 2 packs Italian Pork Sausage, removed from casing
- 1 medium Onion, small dice
- 1 medium Carrot, small dice
- 4 Celery stalks, small dice
- 1 small Fennel bulb, small dice
- 5 cloves Garlic, minced
- ½ bunch Italian Parsley stem, minced
- 2 tbsp Chili powder
- 1 tbsp Coriander powder
- 1 tbsp Cumin
- 2 tsp Salt, kosher
- 1 tsp Black Pepper, coarse grind
- 2 x 28 oz Can Fire Roasted Tomato, diced
- 2 cups Chicken broth
- 2 x 14 oz Can Cannellini Beans, drained and rinsed
- Chopped Italian Parsley and Grated Asiago Cheese
Italian Sausage Chili
- Heat a large saucepan (6-8qt) over medium heat, and add the oil.
- Remove the sausage from the casing and fry it in oil, breaking it up into small pieces with a wooden spoon or heat proof rubber spatula. Drain excess fat.
- When the sausage is cooked, add the vegetables and the seasonings.
- Sweat until the vegetables are just starting to soften, and the spices are fragrant.
- Add the canned tomatoes and the chicken broth, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the beans and continue to simmer gently for another 15 minutes. Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper to taste and serve with fresh chopped parsley and grated asiago cheese.