RECIPE: Korean BBQ Grilled Sockeye Salmon
Looking for a quick, simple and flavourful sockeye salmon recipe? Introducing Korean BBQ Grilled Sockeye Salmon. Made with delicious ingredients and Gochujang for the perfect BBQ glaze sauce on sockeye salmon fillets.
- Wild Sockeye Salmon Fillets
- Mango Lime Salsa
- Korean BBQ Glaze
Mango Lime Salsa
- 2 mangoes, diced
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- ½ red onion, finely diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely diced
- 2 tbsp Cilantro, chopped
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Korean BBQ Glaze
- 3 tbsp Gochujang (fermented red chili paste)
- 3 tbsp Honey
- 2 tsp Rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
- 1 tsp Sesame seeds
- Combine the ingredients listed above to make the glaze and salsa.
- Preheat your grill to medium-high. Dry the fish with paper towels, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the fish on the grill and do not attempt to flip until the flesh has released, approx. 3-4 minutes.
- Once released, flip, and brush the top side with the Korean BBQ glaze and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- When the Salmon is cooked through, remove from the grill and serve with herbed rice blend, grilled broccolini, and mango lime salsa.