RECIPE: Pepper Crusted Ahi Tuna Steak
PEPPER CRUSTED TUNA STEAK with frites, chimichurri & radish salad
- 4 each ahi tuna steak 6oz
- 2 oz coarse black pepper
- 4 oz parsely, chopped
- 2 oz oregano
- 1 each lime, zest and juice
- 2 oz garlic, peeled
- 4 oz olive oil
- 2 each russet potato, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 2 each radish, sliced and soaked in water to crisp
- Open the seal on the vacuum sealed package and defrost the seafood slowly in the fridge.
- To make the chimichurri, combine parsley, oregano, garlic zest and juice of lime, olive oil in a blender.
- To make radish salad, slice radish and toss in salt and olive oil.
- To make frites, slice the potatoes "shoestring style". rinse, pat dry, season with salt and pepper, toss in olive oil and spread onto a baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
- Pat defrosted tuna steak with salt and coarse black pepper.
- In a pan over medium high heat, heat oil and sear tuna for 2 minutes per side.
- Slice tuna to expose the seared edges and red inside. Top with chimichurri, radish salad then frites.