RECIPE: Poached Spot Prawn Ring
- 1 lb spot prawns
- 1 oz soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 oz ginger, minced
- 2 oz vegetable or canola oil
- 1 bunch scallions, green only. sliced lengthwise
- In a pot boiling water and salt to poach prawns for 1 minute. Remove from hot water and cool in an ice bath.
- Arrange prawns in a circle on a plate.
- Combine sesame oil, sesame seeds and oil, ginger. Place all ingredients in a pot on high heat and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and cool.
- Pour flavoured oil onto prawns and drizzle soy sauce
- Slice green onions and toss in canola oil and season with salt and pepper. Spread green onions on a baking tray and bake at 325 degrees for 5-10 minutes until the green onions become crispy.
- Place in the middle of the prawn ring and serve.
Leave a comment