RECIPE: Seared White Fish with Pancetta & Porchetta Spices
Seared White Fish with Porchetta Spices
Makes 3-4 servings
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL/24 g) extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 lb of any white fish fillets or portions
- 1 3/4 oz (50 g) pancetta, finely diced
- 2 cloves (6 g) minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL/1.5 g) fennel seeds
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL/0.5 g) chili flakes
- 1/4 cup (60 mL/3 g) loosely packed fresh sage leaves
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL/3 g) fresh rosemary leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 mL/40 g) seeded diced tomato
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL/1g) finishing salt
- Ensure your seafood is fully defrosted by thawing in the fridge overnight or in a bowl under trickling water. If your seafood is vacuum sealed, be sure to puncture the seal so air can escape before starting the defrosting process.
- Pre-heat the oven heated to 350°F (175°C).
- Heat the 1 tbsp of oil over medium heat in a nonstick pan. Season the sole with salt and pepper and place in hot pan. Fry until crispy and golden brown. Flip then place in the oven and cook for 8-12 minutes, depending upon the thickness of the fish, until flesh is white and flakes easily.
- Heat the remaining oil in a small frying pan over medium heat and add the pancetta. Cook until it starts to brown and add the garlic, fennel seeds and chili flakes. Cook until the garlic sizzles. Add the sage and rosemary and continue cooking until the sage leaves curl. Add the diced tomato and toss. Plate the fish and spoon the pancetta mixture over it. Sprinkle with the finishing salt.
More from: ocean wise ocean wise champion Valentine's Day
Leave a comment