RECIPE: Shawarma Tuna Ceviche
SHAWRMA TUNA CEVICHE with toasted pita, hummus, chickpea, cucumber, tomato, red onion, peppers
- 4 each tuna steaks, defrosted & diced OR 2 packages of ahi tuna poke cubes.
- 4 each small pitas
- 4 oz hummus
- 2 oz shawarma spice mix
- 4 oz canned chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 each cucumber
- 1 each tomato, diced
- ½ each red onion, diced
- 1 each yellow pepper, diced
- 2 oz olive oil
- 2 each lemon, zest and juice
- Dice tuna and season with salt and shawarma spices. Toss in olive oil, zest and juice of lemon and let sit for for 15 minutes. The lemon juice will act as a "cure" for the tuna.
- Dice red onions, cucumber, peppers and tomato.
- Combine vegetables with tuna mixture.
- Grill pita for a few minutes in a pan over medium until sturdy and toasted, about 5 minutes.
- Place tuna and vegetable mixture onto pita.
- Use hummus and chickpeas for garnish on the plate. Eat like a tostada.
More from: ocean wise ocean wise champion Tuna
Leave a comment