RECIPE: Leftover Smoked Brisket Grilled Cheese
YIELD: 4 Sandwiches
Finally you can serve Certified Angus Beef® smoked brisket to your loved ones without investing in the technical, time-consuming smoking process or an expensive smoker! The simple seasoning of brown sugar, garlic powder, onion powder and smoke flavour make this tender brisket beyond satisfying to even the most discerning BBQ lover.
- 2 cups of Certified Angus Beef® Smoked Brisket, shredded
- 8 slices of bread
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
SMOKED BRISKET PREPARATION
Cook from frozen. Reduce cook time if thawed. Always heat to an internal temperature of 165 F.
- Place sealed pouch in hot water for 25 - 30 mins. or pierce pouch and heat in microwave on high for 5 mins.
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Remove brisket from pouch and reserve the liquid to reduce separately.
- Place warmed brisket into a foil-covered pan and heat for 15-20 mins. or until the top is browned.
- Meanwhile, pour reserved liquid from pouch
- Slice and serve with the reduced jus poured over.
For sandwiches, reserve 4 slices, shred them with 2 forks and mix in leftover rededuced jus.
Spread about 1/2 tablespoon on one side of each piece of bread. T
Cover the unbuttered side with shredded Cheddar cheese, then a layer of brisket, followed by a layer of shredded Monterey Jack cheese.
Place another piece of bread unbuttered side down on top. Repeat for remaining sandwiches.
Heat a pan, preferably cast iron, over medium heat. Cook 1 or 2 sandwiches at a time, until golden brown on both sides and cheese is melted.