Your home will smell fabulous with this Turketta roasting your oven, with its' warm Porchetta spices. This Turketta is perfect for the Winter when you crave our famous Porchetta, but are looking for a leaner alternative. Plus, this roast takes less than 15 minutes to assemble!
- 1 Boneless Turkey Thigh Roast
- 3 Tbsp (30 mL/24 g) extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 cloves (6 g) minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL/1.5 g) fennel seeds
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL/0.5 g) chili flakes
- 1/4 cup (60 mL/3 g) loosely packed fresh sage leaves
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL/3 g) fresh rosemary leaves, coarsely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Fully defrost the roast in the fridge.
- When ready to begin cooking, preheat oven at 325F
- Create your porchetta seasoning by mixing 2 tbsp of olive oil, minced garlic, fennel seeds, chili flakes and rosemary in a small bowl.
- Carefully remove the 2 boneless turkey thighs from the netting and keep the netting to the side.
- Unroll the turkey thighs skin side down and rub the porchetta seasoning on the thighs. Roll the two turkey thighs back to together, keeping the skin on the outside, and carefully return to the roast to the netting.
- Place the turkey in a roasting pan and rub the outside with remaining olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Roast for 1.5 -2 hours or until the internal temperature reaches 160F and let rest for 20 minutes before removing the netting and slicing the turkey and serving.
Leave a comment