RECIPE: Coconut Breaded Chicken Wings With Mango Chili Glaze
COCONUT BREADED CHICKEN WINGS WITH MANGO CHILI GLAZE
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) corn starch
- 1/4 (60 ml) cup water
Mango Chili Glaze:
- 500g frozen mango pieces
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) water
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) soy sauce
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) garlic chili paste
Coconut Dusted Chicken Wings:
- 1 bag (2 kg / 4.4 lb) of Fully Cooked Chicken Wings, thawed
- 1 cup (250 ml) all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) salt
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) black pepper, ground
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) milk
- 3/4 cup (190 ml) panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup (250 ml) sweetened shredded coconut
- Fully defrost the ribs in the fridge.
- Wash hands.
- Slurry: In a bowl add corn starch and 1/4 cup of water, stir to a slurry like consistency and set aside.
- Mango Chili Glaze: In a medium sauce pan over medium heat add sugar and ¼ cup of water, stir and bring to boil. Add mango, soy sauce and garlic chili puree. Remove sauce pan from heat and blend to a puree like consistency. Return sauce pan to heat and stir in slurry. Heat until desired consistency is reached and keep warm.
Coconut Dusted Chicken Wings: Create a three stage breading process.
Stage 1 – Mix AP Flour with salt and black pepper.
Stage 2 – Mix together eggs and milk.
Stage 3 – Mix Panko breadcrumbs, coconut and thyme.
- Deep fry wings after the 3 stage breading process for 5 minutes at 350°F (180°C)
- Plate prepared Coconut Dusted Chicken Wings on a bed of Mango Chile Glaze.