Make this Classic Griddle Burgers with Special Sauce recipe to satisfy your craving for a juicy burger topped with melted cheese and slathered with a tangy sauce.
- 4 Certified Angus Beef ® chuck patties
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon dill pickle relish
- 1/4 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons rendered beef fat, bacon fat or clarified butter
- 4 soft burger buns
- 4 slices American cheese
- Optional toppings: pickles, sliced tomato, iceberg lettuce, sliced onion
- In a small mixing bowl, combine mayonnaise, ketchup, relish, ancho chili powder and celery salt; set aside in refrigerator.
- Add fat/butter to cooking surface and spread evenly. When oil begins to smoke, place burger patties on griddle. Sear approximately 2-3 minutes to develop a mahogany brown caramelized exterior, then flip. Place cut side of buns on griddle to brown, adding more oil if needed.
- Top burger with cheese and finish searing burger (1-2 minutes) until cooked through (160°F internal temperature).
- Smear bottom bun with special sauce and top as desired with pickles, tomato, lettuce, burger, onion and top bun.