RECIPE: The Perfect Wanpaku Sando
Creating the ultimate Wanpaku Sando not only starts with the ingredients you use, but the steps to construct it! This dish is bright, colorful and full of texture and flavors that is perfect for impressing your friends on Instagram. Using the ingredients listed below as just a guideline, give these directions a try to construct the tastiest & most visually appealing sandwich!
- 1 x 8 oz Ahi Tuna or Salmon poke cubes
- 4 pieces of thickly sliced white bread (milk bread is typically used and Texas toast can be used as well
- Butter, mayo, mustard or other condiments of your choosing
- Leaf lettuce (for a layer of protection)
- Yellow or red onion
- Fried egg, preferably cooked to medium/hard.
- Start by place flat or stiff ingredients (vegetables) one of the slices of bread, then top with the big ingredients in the middle (half of the ahi tuna) and the finally place the most flexible ingredients towards the top (avocado, egg). Avoid runny fillings.
- Spread butter or sauce of your choosing on the remaining slice of bread. Place on top of the fillings.
- Wrap the sandwich tightly and firmly in plastic wrap, then in parchment paper or another wrapper. Cut the sandwich in half with a sharp knife.
- Repeat steps to create the second sandwich. We recommend eating this sandwich right out of the wrapper!
Leave a comment