This fresh item is cut by our team of skilled seafood cutters the night before or the morning of delivery. It doesn’t get any fresher than that!
|Portion Weight||6 oz each|
|Specification||skin-off, bone-out, center-cut|
|Case Contents||4 portions|
Ocean Wise Recommended - B.C. Sablefish, also known as Black Cod or butterfish, is one of our favourite seafood varieties that comes from British Columbia's waters. This fish is known for high-fat content and buttery flavour and texture. B.C. Sablefish can be pan-seared, smoked, sauteed, and be mixed in a variety of dishes. You'll love trying our convenient skin-off, bone-out center-cut B.C. Sablefish portions.
Each portion of this locally-caught, Ocean Wise recommended seafood is hand-out here at our Richmond location by our seafood processing team. Each portion is cut to exacting specifications. Enjoy a beautiful 6 oz center-cut portion, which is the most prized portion of the fillet among our restaurant chefs. A center-cut portion is thick, and is guaranteed to not include any tail pieces. Order now in 4 x 6 oz portion increments and prepare to be impressed!
*Contents of the case are all fresh. Availability of certain items may change due to market conditions, therefore substitutions to re-fresh (previously frozen) may take place. All weights are approximate.
Miso Glazed Sablefish:
- Baby Boy Choy
- Shiitake Mushrooms
- Miso Glaze
- ⅓ cup Miso paste
- ⅓ cup Sake
- ⅓ cup Mirin
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar
Baby Bok Choy and Shiitake Mushrooms
- 4 baby bok choy, sliced ¼ inch thick, stem and leaves separated
- 12 Shiitake Mushrooms, ¼ inch sliced
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 2 Cloved Garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp Water
- 2 tsp Soy sauce
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
- ½ t Toasted Sesame Seeds
1. Simmer all ingredients until the brown sugar is dissolved, and the glaze slightly thickens. Approx. 3 minutes.
2. Brush fish portions and oven roast at 400F for 8-10 minutes until the fish is cooked through and the glaze is caramelized and golden.
Baby Boy Choy & Shiitake Mushrooms
1. Heat the oil in a large saute pan over medium heat.
2. Add the sliced mushrooms and sauté lightly for 2 minutes. Add the Bok Choy stems and cook for another minute. Once the mushrooms and stems are tender, add the garlic and stir well to combine.
3. Add the water and the soy sauce, and mix well. Add the Bok Choy leaves at this point, stir until leaves are steamed and bright green.
4. Remove from the heat and add the sesame oil and sesame seeds.
5. Serve the vegetables with the miso glazed Sablefish on top. Garnish with sliced green onions and more sesame seeds.