Intercity Custom Meats - The Petite Tender Beef Roast, also known as the Teres Major, Mock Tender or Shoulder Petite Tender, is a tender and lean roast. The teres major is a rare cut that is a small, specific muscle from within the chuck. You may be familiar with a chuck roast, but the teres major is much more tender, and requires expert butchery skills to extract.
This is a small roast, that is perfect for 2-3 servings. Our butchers carefully tie the roast with butcher twine for easy carving and a beautiful presentation.
This is a specialty cut that is difficult to find at your local grocery stores so grab it while you can!
*Contents of the case are all frozen. All weights are approximate.
- Thaw the roast in the packaging and under refrigeration.
- When fully thawed, remove from the packaging and leave the string attached.
- Preheat your oven to 375 F.
- Lightly oil the roast and season with coarse salt and pepper, or your favourite spice blend.
- Transfer the roast to a baking dish or tray, preferably with a roasting rack to ensure more even cooking, and place on the middle rack of the preheated oven.
- Roast for approx. 25 to 35 minutes, until an instant read thermometer measures 130 F for a medium doneness. Cook more or less depending on your personal preference.
- When the roast is at the desired temperature, remove it from the oven, and loosely tent the roast with aluminum foil and allow to rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing.
- Resting is important as it allows the juices to re-distribute throughout the roast, and when sliced those juices stay inside, instead of on your cutting board. It makes for a much nicer eating experience.
- After resting, cut away the string with scissors, and slice away.
Jump to RECIPE: Petite Tender Roast with Green Peppercorn Sauce
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you offer pickup?
Yes, we offer free pickup from our location in Richmond. You will be able to select a 15-minute pickup window at checkout that works with your schedule. Pickup windows will be available between these days and times:
Monday - Friday:
8:30AM - 5:30PM
Intercity Packers Meat & Seafood
1900 No. 6 Rd.
How do I pick up my order?
At your selected time slot, park at the front of our building. Once parked, please call our office at 604-295-2010 and let us know your order number and name. If available, you can pull into Bay 11 and ring the doorbell and someone will also assist you that way.
While we are collecting the contents of your order, please open the trunk of your vehicle. Once our team member has safely placed your products in your vehicle, you will be able to close the door and be on your way to enjoy the delicious contents of your order!
Do I have to bring a cooler when picking up my order?
The products in your order should be put in refrigeration, so we highly recommend bringing a cooler when you come to collect your order.
Is there an order minimum?
Yes, our order minimum is $150 for pickup.
Do I have to pay taxes?
You will not be charged any taxes for our products. The only line items that qualifies for taxes is our delivery fee.
What do I do if there is a problem with my order?
Please just email us at email@example.com and let us know what the problem is, and we’ll do everything we can to find a solution.
How do I make changes to an order that I’ve already placed?
Please have your order number ready, then give us a call at604-295-2010 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know what you would like to change, and we’ll do everything we can to adjust your order.
What if my question isn’t answered here?
Please just call us at 604-295-2010 or email us at email@example.com and let us know what you would like to change, and we’ll do everything we can to find a solution.