IMPORTANT TO NOTE:
*Pay $20 deposit now and we will email you an electronic invoice for the balance of the price based on the exact weight of your pork belly on the day of your pickup or delivery day. Limited quantities available so order ahead now.
|Final Price||$55-$70 each|
|Average Weight||4-5kg each (8.5-11lb)|
Sakura Farms - At Sakura Farms, we make absolutely no compromises when it comes to the care and diet of our hogs. We believe that healthy pigs make for tasty and nutritious pork!
- Our pigs are vegetable grain fed. No animal bone meal is fed to our pigs. Ever. Our pigs happily nosh on barley, peas, wheat, soy, minerals, and vitamins.
- Barley is one of the main components of our feed rations. This results in fat that is whiter and firmer than what other producers, who use corn as the staple of their pigs’ diet, can offer. The result is a product with a richer texture and taste.
- Our pigs are raised without the use of Dried Distillers Grains with Solubles (DDGS). DDGS is a cheaper feed additive prevalent in the meat industry. Sakura Farms producers only raise their pigs with premium feeds and without the use of byproducts such as DDGS (a byproduct of ethanol production).
- Our pigs are also raised without the use of Ractopamine, a beta antagonist drug commonly used as an artificial feed additive to promote leanness in pigs and cattle. We grow our pigs in the traditional way. Period.
- Our producers use antibiotics for therapeutic use only under the strict requirements of the Canadian Quality Assurance (CQA). They also use a long withdrawal period that goes above and beyond the guidelines set by Health Canada. This ensures that are no regulatory traces of antibiotics found in any of our products.
*Contents of the case are all frozen. All weights are approximate.
Oven Roasted Crispy Pork Belly:
- Skin-On Pork Belly
- 2 tsp Fine Salt
- 2 tsp Sugar
- Grinds of Black Pepper
1. Pat skin dry with a paper towel. With a sharp knife, score through skin every ½-inch at a diagonal, cutting through skin and into fat, but not so deep that you hit meat. Repeat cutting in an opposite diagonal to create a diamond shape pattern.
2. Season pork belly with salt sugar and a few grinds of black pepper. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
3. Preheat oven to 450°F.
4. Roast pork belly for 30 minutes on the middle rack in a heavy, oven-safe pan or skillet, skin side up / fat side up. Reduce heat to 275°F and roast for an hour or more, until tender but not mushy. (Larger pieces will take longer)
5. Remove from oven and let cool to room temperature. Wrap tightly in plastic and refrigerate until chilled through - at least a few hours and up to 2 days.
6. Once chilled, slice into thick pieces and brown in a skillet on the stovetop until crisp.