Intercity Custom Meats - The Whole Beef Flank Steak is an affordable, versatile, flavourful piece of meat - one of our butchers' favourite steak cuts. The Whole Beef Flank Steak is one of the leanest cuts of meat that requires little to no trimming due to it's low fat content. It also offers a rich, beefy flavour that can be easily marinated for roasting and grilling for any occasion.
*Contents of the case are all frozen. All weights are approximate.
Flank Steak Street Tacos:
Chile de Arbol Salsa
- 4 + 3/4 cups of water;divided
- 30g dried chile de arbol chiles (stems removed)
- 2 tomatoes; halved
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Cumin ground
- 2 tsp Coriander, ground
- 2 tsp Smk paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp Black pepper, coarse grind
- 1 tsp Brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp Oregano, leaves
- 1 tbsp Salt, coarse grind
Chile de Arbol Salsa
1. Bring 4 cups of water to a boil
2. Remove stems from the chilies and place in a bowl.
3. Pour boiling water over the chilies and stir to saturate the chilies in water.
4. Cover with plastic wrap and soak for 20 - 30 minutes until softened.
5. Drain the chilies and transfer all the ingredients to a blender and puree until smooth.
6. Adjust seasoning as needed.
1. Combine all ingredients and mix well. Store any remaining in an airtight container.
1. Preheat a cast iron skillet over medium heat and season the flank steak generously with the dry rub.
2. Add oil to the skillet and carefully place the flank steak in the center. Sear for 3-4 minutes per side or until desired doneness is reached.
3. Allow to rest before slicing thinly across the grain.
4. Meanwhile, prepare the garnishes for the tacos, including diced avocado, charred pineapple, chopped onions and cilantro, sliced radish and warmed tortillas.
5. Build tacos with the sliced flank steak and garnish with the fixings.
Frequently Asked Questions
Want to find out more about our delivery areas? Curious when you can come pickup your order? The answers to these questions and more are just a scroll away.
Where do you deliver to?
We offer delivery to Vancouver, North Vancouver, West Vancouver, Richmond, Burnaby, Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, Port Moody, Maple Ridge, Pitt Meadows, New Westminster, Delta, Langley, White Rock and Surrey.
If you do not see your city listed above, we encourage you to choose free pickup from our Richmond location at checkout.
What is your delivery schedule?
We offer delivery 5-days a week (Monday - Friday) to all of the cities in the Lower Mainland of BC, plus Richmond & Vancouver residents can select Saturday delivery as well. You will be able to select your preferred delivery day from our shipping calendar before checking out.
What time will I receive my delivery?
Our official delivery window is 8AM - 4PM, meaning you will always receive your meat and seafood delivery in time for dinner!
On the morning of your delivery day, you will receive a text message containing a 2-hour window of when our delivery driver is scheduled to arrive at your address.
Next, you will receive a reminder text message once your delivery is 15 minutes away. Our driver will still be calling you to make sure you are there to receive your package, unless you provide other instructions.
How much does delivery cost?
Delivery is free if your total order is above $200. Otherwise, our delivery fee is $20.
How is your product delivered to me?
We use our own of refrigerated delivery van to keep your order frozen during transport, plus we supplement with dedicated carriers. At checkout you will be able to choose your delivery day between Monday-Saturday.
Do I need to be home to receive the delivery?
Your order will need to be refrigerated, so yes, we ask that you choose your delivery day based on when you will be at home.
Do you offer delivery to apartments and offices?
Yes, we do deliver to apartments and offices. Our delivery team will call you at the phone number on file once we have arrived and you will need to come down to the lobby (or main entrance) to collect your order. For this reason, please ensure that you are home on the delivery day and time window that you have selected at checkout.
Can I request a specific time for my order to be delivered?
To be more in line with our sustainability policy and build the most efficient route, once the delivery route is set up, no changes can be made to the delivery schedule.
Can I arrange to have an order delivered to someone?
Yes, please complete the checkout process with the shipping address you wish to have the order delivered to. Please choose a delivery day that you know the recipient will be home and in the phone number section, please include the recipient's phone number so we can alert them once the delivery has been made.
Do you offer pickup?
Yes, we offer free pickup from our location in Richmond. You will be able to select a 15-minute pickup window at checkout that works with your schedule. Pickup windows will be available between these days and times:
Tuesday - Friday:
8:30AM - 5:30PM
8:30AM - 12:00PM
Intercity Packers Meat & Seafood
1900 No. 6 Rd.
How do I pick up my order?
At your selected time slot, you may park in one of the six numbered spots at the front of our building. Once parked, please send a text to 604-398-4978 with your parking spot number and your name. While we are collecting the contents of your order, please open the trunk of your vehicle. Once our team member has safely placed your products in your vehicle, you will be able to close the door and be on your way to enjoy the delicious contents of your order!
Do I have to bring a cooler when picking up my order?
The products in your order should be put in refrigeration, so we highly recommend bringing a cooler when you come to collect your order.
What safety procedures the team at your head office following in response to COVID-19?
The people of Intercity Packers are serving our customers and communities with dedication and professionalism as the battle against the COVID-19 pandemic continues in Canada. Our senior leadership, supported by our cross-functional crisis management team, is continuing to take decisive action to ensure we maintain focus and support for our core priorities during the crisis. Those priorities are:
- The health and safety of our people, customers, and communities
- Serving our customers to the very best of our ability under these challenging conditions
- Supporting health officials and government leaders as they work to contain the virus
Among these procedures, our team is temperature screening all employees, delivery drivers and critical visitors before entry into our building.
Please click here for the latest news on our pandemic preparedness plan.
What safety procedures is your delivery team following in response to COVID-19?
The members of our delivery team are following the procedures outlined below:
- Use of anti-bacterial wipes before and after each use of any shared hand-held devices, pens, cash or checks, or shared check-in computers.
- Use of clean gloves when delivering product and use of hand sanitizer.
- Practice social distancing, maintaining a 6’ distance between individuals when possible.
- No entry into the location of our customers.
Is there an order minimum?
Yes, our order minimum is $95 for pickup & delivery.
Do I have to pay taxes?
You will not be charged any taxes for our products. The only line items that qualifies for taxes is our delivery fee.
What do I do if I don’t receive my order?
If the delivery window has passed and you have not received your order, please just call us at 604-295-2010 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, provide your order information, and we’ll make sure your order gets to you as soon as possible.
What do I do if there is a problem with my order?
Please just email us at email@example.com and let us know what the problem is, and we’ll do everything we can to find a solution.
How do I make changes to an order that I’ve already placed?
Please have your order number ready, then give us a call at604-295-2010 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know what you would like to change, and we’ll do everything we can to adjust your order.
What if my question isn’t answered here?
Please just call us at 604-295-2010 or email us at email@example.com and let us know what you would like to change, and we’ll do everything we can to find a solution.