When thinking about grilling a steak it all comes down to personal preference, whether you like your steak rare, medium rare or well done. We have compiled our expertise to create with some tips for you to grill a steak that is perfect for your preferences.
Follow these basic steps for grilling steak:
S – Start with a hot grill. Sear beef to develop flavor.
T – Turn steaks gently with tongs; never pierce with a fork.
E – Ensure juiciness by flipping steaks only once, if possible.
A – Assess doneness with an instant-read thermometer.
K – Keep food safety in mind. Wash anything that touches raw meat.
S – Set steaks aside to rest a few minutes before serving.
Bonus tip: Season steaks generously with salt and pepper before cooking - that’s all you need.
For safety, a steak should be cooked to 145°F and then rested for at least 3 minutes. Follow the temperature guide below for how to reach the perfect temperature for your favourite steak.
So go ahead try out these tips on some of the Shop Intercity’s most popular steaks.
- Certified Angus Beef® New York Steak
- Certified Angus Beef® Ribeye Steak
- Certified Angus Beef® Tomahawk
- Certified Angus Beef® Filet Mignon
Diamonds Are A Grill's Best Friend
- Here’s how to make diamond grill marks like the professionals:
- Start by placing your steak on the grill with the ends at 10 and 4 o’clock.
- Once the meat has seared, turn it clockwise, with the ends at 2 and 8 o’clock.
- After a minute or two, flip the steak over and cook until it reaches the desired doneness.