INSPIRATION: The Certified Angus Beef® Banh Mi Burger
An extraordinary burger with classic Vietnamese sandwich flavors. Make this recipe for Banh Mi Burgers topped with sriracha mayo, pickled carrots, cucumber, and cilantro for a memorable meal.
- 4 Certified Angus Beef ® chuck patties
- 1 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce (optional)
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup shredded daikon radish (or use additional carrot if unavailable)
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 1/2 cucumber, thinly sliced using a mandolin or by hand to yield about 24 slices
- 1 1/2 cups cilantro leaves, picked from stems
- 4 crusty French buns
- Place shredded carrot and daikon radish in a heat proof bowl. In a small sauce pan bring vinegar, sugar, water and 1-teaspoon salt to a boil, stirring until sugar has dissolved. Pour this pickling liquid over carrots and sit at room temperature until cooled (about 20 minutes).
- Combine mayonnaise and sriracha; set aside.
- Grill burgers over medium-high heat until they reach an internal temperature of 160°F (about 4 minutes per side).
- Spread sriracha mayo on bottom bun, add pickled carrots then top with burger, cucumber, cilantro and top bun.