RECIPE: Pink Peppercorn Salmon with Orange, Maple & Balsamic Aioli
Pink Peppercorn Salmon with Orange, Maple, & Balsamic Aioli
- 2 portions of Spring or Sockeye Salmon
- A pinch of whole pink peppercorns
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) mayonnaise
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) finely grated orange zest
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) orange juice
- 2 tsp (10 mL) maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) balsamic vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Combine the mayonnaise, orange zest, orange juice, maple syrup and balsamic vinegar together. Refrigerate.
- Remove defrosted salmon portions from their packaging and pat dry before placing on a baking sheet lined skin side down with foil.
- Crack fresh black pepper and salt on top of the salmon. If you have pink peppercorns, sprinkle a pinch of that on top of the salmon as well.
- Bake until salmon is cooked through, about 12 to 15 minutes.
- When the salmon is done, swirl the aioli on to two plates. Top with the salmon and serve immediately.
“Serve with” suggestions: rice, cauliflower rice, roasted cauliflower, quinoa, broccoli, arugula salad