RECIPE: Certified Angus Beef® Buffalo-Style Hot Sauce & Blue Cheese Burger
Tingle your taste buds with buffalo-style hot sauce burgers with blue cheese and celery root slaw. A great recipe to make for game day or an extraordinary cookout.
- 6—6 oz Certified Angus Beef® Chuck Burger
- 1/3 cup hot sauce, like Frank's Red Hot
- 1 large celery root (celeriac), stalks/leaves removed
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 stalk celery, sliced very thin
- 1 small carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 large shallot or 1/4 sweet onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 6 burger buns
- Optional: iceberg lettuce
- In medium bowl, use your hands to combine ground chuck burgers and hot sauce; re-shape into 6 patties.
- Peel celery root and grate in large bowl. Immediately toss with lemon juice to preserve color. In small bowl, combine sour cream, mustard, celery salt and pepper. Stir dressing, celery, carrot, shallot and parsley into celery root; cover and refrigerate.
- Preheat grill or cast iron pan. Grill patties over medium-high heat to desired doneness (160°F internal temperature recommended). While still on grill, top burgers with blue cheese.
- Assemble burgers with bottom bun, lettuce, cheese, additional sauce, if desired and bun top. Serve celery root slaw on the burger or as a side.