RECIPE: Halibut with Lemon Caper Pan Sauce
Fresh Premium Halibut Center-Cut Portions in Lemon Caper Pan Sauce.
This is the perfect recipe if you're looking for a delicious dish that will leave a lasting impression for your guests. The flavours, freshness, tenderness are to die for in this dish. Let's start cooking!
- 2 pcs Fresh Wild Halibut Center-Cut Portions
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- 3 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Tbsp Capers
- 3 Tbsp Flat leaf Parsley, chopped
- 1 ½ Lemons, juiced
- 2 Garlic cloves, smashed
- 4 thyme sprigs
- Flour for dredging
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Season the fish to taste with salt and pepper and then lightly dredge the fish in the flour, shaking off the excess.
- Preheat a pan over medium-high heat. Add a tbsp of oil to the pan, and carefully place the fish in the pan.
- Reduce the heat to medium, and allow to cook for 3-4 minutes, until the fish is golden. Flip the fish, and add 2 tbsp of butter to the pan. Baste the fish with the foaming butter, and add the garlic cloves and the thyme.
- Continue to baste on and off for 2-3 minutes, reducing the heat to medium low, so as not to overcook the fish, but allowing enough time to baste.
- Remove the cooked fish to a plate, discard the garlic and thyme, and return the pan to the heat. Add the last tbsp of butter to the pan, and once melted, add the capers and lemon juice, swirling the pan to combine.
- Lastly, add the chopped parsley and spoon the sauce over the fish, garnishing with lemon and parsley sprigs.
Leave a comment