Our Commitment To Canadian Beef Sustainability
Pictured: Rob and Maryjo Tait, Celtic Ridge Farms, Dutton ON (CRSB Certified)
Shop Intercity is proud to support sustainable practices of Canadian beef ranchers to bring a variety of CERTIFIED ANGUS BEEF® Brand steaks for you to enjoy at home. We have partnered with the Canadian Roundtable for Sustainable Beef (CRSB) to meet their certification standards. The CRSB Certified Mass Balance designation indicates that at least 30% of our beef is raised on farms and ranches that meet CRSB standards.
Why purchase CRSB Certified beef?
- Supports healthy animals, healthy communities and responsibly raised beef
- Supports innovation and technology that leads to more sustainable food production
- Shows your commitment to continuous improvement for the environment
- Recognizes the ecological benefits of beef production on Canada’s agricultural landscape, such as biodiversity, carbon sequestration, soil health and key habitat for wildlife and species at risk.
How do I know if the beef was raised with practices certified by Canadian Roundtable for Sustainable Beef?
Show your commitment to sustainability by purchasing the CERTIFIED ANGUS BEEF® Brand from Shop Intercity. Canadian beef farmers and ranchers are truly the guardians of the grasslands and are committed to preserving them today and for generations to come. You will find the CRSB Certification Mark under the product listing if it this item is a part of the program.
The CRSB’s mission is to advance continuous improvement of Canadian beef industry sustainability through multi-stakeholder engagement, collaboration, communication and science.
CRSB is a member of the Global Roundtable for Sustainable Beef (GRSB) whose mission is to advance, support, and communicate continuous improvement in sustainability of the global beef value chain. CRSB works with partners across the beef supply chain, including beef producers and producer associations, processors, agriculture and food businesses, retail & foodservice companies, as well as NGOs (environmental and animal care groups), scientific researchers and government to advance sustainability in the Canadian beef industry through:
- Benchmarking and setting strategic improvement goals
- Recognizing sustainable practices through 3rd party certification
- Advancing sustainability through projects and other initiatives
Visit beeffortheplanet.ca to learn more.